Hawaii offers some of the most beautiful and romantic
venues for hosting your wedding. Imagine white sand
beaches with a tropical breeze cooling off a perfect
sunset. Or a wedding ceremony set against the backdrop
of lush tropical gardens and gently cascading waterfalls.
Sounds romantic, doesn’t it? Waikiki is a perfect
venue for your wedding plans whether they involve
a romantic quiet ceremony or a multi-day celebration
for many friends and family!
There truly is not a "typical" Waikiki wedding,
as the options on the island are so diverse. Finding
a Waikiki wedding coordinator that you trust and feel
comfortable with is one of the keys to a successful
wedding in Waikiki. The question to ask yourself when
considering a wedding is "what is my dream wedding?”
If you can articulate this vision to your Waikiki
wedding planner, your chances of it becoming a reality
become much better.
The questions you should consider for the wedding
· How many guests do you want?
· What kind of venue (waterfall, volcano, white
· Who will officiate?
· What style (formal, semi-formal, Hawaiian
casual, totally casual)?
· Do you want to have a reception? Where? What
sort of reception?
Once you have decided on these core pieces, shop around
for Hawaiian wedding packages. There are many different
wedding packages offered by hotels, resorts, and even
independent wedding planners. All are customizable
and many wedding packages include pieces of authentic
Hawaiian culture (e.g. exchanging leis). Beyond the
price, look for details like:
· What's included in the package? What costs
· Which parts are customizable?
· Are there associated discounts (like on hotel
A normal Waikiki wedding package includes the following:
1. Waikiki Weddings take place on the beach,
public park or mountain location in the Waikiki area,
or they can perform your wedding at your hotel or
2. Your wedding may take place at sunset or
during the day.
3. The Ministers are non denominational and
marry all faiths. You can also add your own wedding
vows to the service.
4. The flowers included in this package usually
are: Orchid, plumeria or tuberose. You may also order
a variety of bridal bouquets, nosegays, corsages,
hair flowers, Haku head leis or boutonnieres at an
5. Wedding photography normally includes ceremony,
formal and candid shots after the ceremony.
6. The bride and groom's non-alcoholic champagne
toast takes place following the ceremony. You may
want to order additional beverages and glasses for
7. Marriage License Arrangements, On Site Coordination,
Decorative Wedding Certificate and Witnesses are also
There are lots of Hawaiian wedding options and ideas
if you poke around, so effort is rewarded here. Wherever
you have your wedding or marriage commitment ceremony
in Waikiki, rest assured, it will truly be the most
romantic and most remembered than anywhere else in